Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Milagros... All Around Us

January 12, 2015

Milagros <Miracles>... All Around Us

Hermana K80 at Saltos del Monday
(last week in Presidente Franco District)
Hello all! I am back again and have some great news! I am staying with Hermana Dance for another transfer!! Hurray! Such a relief to me. We are going to get down to business and help bring people to those waters of baptism. We now officially have a progressing investigator. My very first one since I got to the field (not for lack of trying). Her name is Andrea and she is a sweetheart. We went and were able to teach her last night and she remembered a LOT of what we had taught her and expressed that she loved the way we prayed more. She said it allowed her to be more personal and truly talk to her father in heaven. Golden. We are excited. 

Another miracle we saw this week was yesterday during church. We had 15 of our menos activos <less actives> that we have been working with and 2 investigators in church. It was the greatest feeling in the world to look around me and see so many familiar faces that we have been teaching and striving to bring closer to their Savior. This gospel is true and it is full of miracles. At times we have to be patient and even then it may take time and may not all come at once. This was such a good day to feel and see the fruits of our transfer. I know it can only get better. Yesterday I was also able to start and conduct one of our lessons all by myself. In Spanish!?!?! Can you believe that? I can't. Scary. I definitely have a lot of things to work on and improve but overall it was great. This entire week though was a lesson to me because leading up to Sunday was SO ROUGH. We had to go to the doctor a LOT this week because of a sick hermana that I had to help coordinate things for. I received a lot of calls from President LaPierre and the mission doctor regarding this hermana and it was just a bit stressful. During all this we still had to try and fit some missionary work in. It was hard and to be honest we werent able to do a whole lot. The work we did was a lot of eliminating people and striving to find new. 

We also worked with our favorite less active family. Familia Vera. They are breaking my heart though. Their mom who left to Spain 7 years ago just came back finally about 2 weeks ago. This week we found out that she is probably going to leave again. Lauri Vera is heartbroken because she thought she was going to stay forever. She is 19 and has her own little adorable girl, Alejandra(Ale). We love her. Then we found out that her sister Elli who we were also focusing on bringing back is possibly pregnant and has really just given it all up for this boy who is bad news. The saddest part is that she is a returned missionary and that she used to be the stalwart member in the family. It just showed me that we are never truly safe in this gospel. 

We have to every day be striving to strengthen our relationship not only with our Father in Heaven, but with our Savior Jesus Christ. We need to come to know him. To love him and to see him as our brother and friend. Also we need to do the small and simple things because in the long run THESE make the difference. Also we need to remember who we REALLY are. We are all SONS and DAUGHTERS of a KING! We have the potential to become like him. We must not sell our inheritance and birthright for a mess of pottage. When you are tempted to make a wrong choice, remember this and ask yourself, "Is this really worth my divine destiny? Is this going to bring me closer to my Savior and Father in Heaven or take me away?" I need to do this as well but I know that as we do we can come so much closer and arm ourselves spiritually every day against the attacks of the adversary. I love you all so very much. I hope this finds you well. I appreciate all that you are doing for me and for my family! I keep forgetting my sticky notes with the list of things I need to talk about so next email I will just make a summary of them all. Oh. I remember one. I hit 4 months this week!! Crazy! Such great months and so many more great ones to come!!

Love you all,


Hermana Albach

More pics below from the Monday Falls (Saltos del Monday)






No comments:

Post a Comment