Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Rain, Rain, and No Botas

February 16, 2015

Hola mis querida familia!!!!
<Hello my dear family>


This email is going to be a bit short because this weeks emailing has been a bit crazy because we weren't able to print beforehand. Equals a lot of time taken to read and not much time to write all y'all beautiful people. This week went by SO FAST!! I cannot believe that it is the last week of the transfer. Who knows what will happen?? 

With Hermana Sleight
Spiritual- NOELIA!!! This woman is amazing.We got her as a referencia from our ward mission leader. She is so prime. We contacted her on divisiones when I was with Hermana Sleight. We weren't going to contact her because there were a ton of borrachos <drunks> outside and at the gomeria <tire store> where she lives. Then I just got some courage and approached the nice looking group of ladies and ask if they knew a Noelia. She was there and I started talking about Fulgencio, our ward mission leader, and suddenly she was like pasen <ready to go>. So we were in. She had so many great questions and is so prepared. She just wants to feel clean and worthy again so we taught her the evangelio de jesu cristo <Gospel of Jesus Christ>. It was incredible. I literally did an Irish heel click in my dress when we left the lesson. It was amazing. 

The best part was that she is a powerful ejemplo <example> of the power of referencias <references>. I challenge each of you to take the opportunity to pray to know or have someone brought to your mind that you could go with the missionaries to visit and share this beautiful message with. It is ok if they don't accept it, all you are doing is opening the door and bringing some exposure to those dear ones around you. I know that if you pray the Lord will bring someone to your mind and place someone in your path. This is his work and he will let you be a part if you just ask. I know that referencias <references> as missionaries are the MOST effective form of the work and they are when we find our PRIME investigators. Almost all of our investigator pool right now is from referencias <references> from the ward. You all have a part and a privilege in this work and are such a help to the missionaries!!! Ready...set....go!!!

Oh, we also had entrevistas con <interviews with> Presidente LaPierre this week and they were so great for me. Something that I took away was how to know if I have been truly forgiven of my Father in Heaven. Those who are still spiritually tainted cannot progress. If one is progressing spiritually and moving forward and onward then forgiveness has been had. Incredible and a great way for me to have a measure! Talking with president was so great I had so many great things brought to light and was able to feel better about myself and the work. He is an incredible example and man!!!

Baking Kate: Apple Crisp for Pte. LaPierre and his wife. President said the only thing missing was the whip cream and that is was a taste of home. Hermana LaPierre wanted me to send her the recipe. President also knew there was brown sugar in it. How funny. He is great and it felt good to be able to give them something when they give us so much. 

Cinnamon Rolls- It made 30!!!! What the??? It was an adventure ending with having to wake up early to bake them in the church electric stove because we ran out of gas.....sad day. But I was able to share them with a whole ton of families!!! Hurray! 

Key Lime Cheesecake: Made this for an investigator at her hosue so that she would know how. It was a great opportunity to serve her and to get closer to her. We will be visiting her today to see how things are going. 

Frosting: Did an object lesson at a menos activos <less active> family's house about spreading the gospel just like you spread frosting on cookies. They had NEVER had frosting and had no idea what it was. How fun!! They loved it!! We read about the fruit of hte tree of life and wanting to share it once they had tasted it. Great lesson!

Funny stories: Well, it is time to explain the title. It rained awful this week and the one day that it got real bad I didn't wear my coat, boots, or anything because it was only sprinkling when we left and is pretty normal. Ended up with me walking for almost 2 hours in pouring rain and being pretty miserable until we bought pepas <seeds>. hahaha. 

Flew into the back of a bus this week when I was trying to go to the front and pay our fare. The boys in the back were laughing so hard and I was meanwhile muttering to myself in English and because of that I am pretty sure the whole bus was laughing at me. (There weren't that many people on it...) After about five minutes off the bus I thought it was pretty funny too!!! hahah

Oh and I hit my 5 months mark this last week and celebrated with Sprite Zero and added some vanilla to it!! Was so great! 6 months here I come!! 

Great quote: "Much like medicine, prayer works only when we use it as directed." Elder J. Cornish

"To those within the sound of my voice who are struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is the provider of spiritual strength -- it is the passport to peace. Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who loves us. Speak to him in prayer and then listen for the answer. Miracles are wrought through prayer." - President Thomas S. Monson (Link to his whole talk)

Love you all, hope you are all safe and well! Remember the challenge!! Peace and blessings. Peace and blessings. 




Hermana Albach

No comments:

Post a Comment