Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Setenta...

June 1, 2015

Bueno. I have like no time. But highlights of the week:

We had a member of the Quorum of the Seventy, first quorum, Elder Vinas come and visit us and talk with us. It was great and really inspiring. I learned a LOT! There was a real embarrassing moment when I tried to sit next to him because I thought people were afraid to for the picture but really it was just the spot for Pte. LaPierre and his wife. Hashtag: AWKWARD! But hey, made others laugh so that is good! 

This week was a bunch of nursing catastrophes so my poor comp got a lot of studying time in for her Spanish while I did a lot of middle man emailing work. Oh the joys!! But everyone is still living so I think that is a success!! We had a great contact and lesson with a lady named Dora...yes, like Dora, the Explorer...but we haven't heard anything since. We will try again in a week or two!! I'm stubborn! We are going to start teaching classes of Ingles <English> to get more members to bring friends and people we could possibly teach. Should be fun!! Starts this Wednesday!! Woohoo!! 

I got to throw a football for the first time in 9 months today and it was marvelous! (Shoutout to my uncles....the elders playing volleyball all stopped when they saw me throw!! They were like...she throws like a guy!! Your lessons payed off!! Gracias) Ate strawberries and cream for the first time in a long time and about died. 

Overall Encarnacion has its perks! I am loving the work. I am loving my Savior more and I am finding out why I am here each day more. Yesterday, I was a little homesick...just a little :) and I was so comforted in my personal study when the Lord answered my prayer as I read the talk on Being Genuine by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He said, "I am here because I desire with all my heart to follow my Master, Jesus Christ. I yearn to do all that HE ask of me in this great cause. I hunger to be edified by the Holy Spirit and hear the voice of God as He speaks through his ordained servants. I am her to become a better man (woman), to be lifted by the inspiring examples of my brothers and sisters in Christ and to learn how to more effectively administer to those in need. In short, I am here because I love my Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ." This is exactly what I needed to read and remember. This is exactly what and why I am here in the mission doing what I do everyday....why are you here?

Love you and hope that this th
ought helped you as much as it helped me.

Love you all,


Hermana Albach

No comments:

Post a Comment