Thursday, May 7, 2015

Falta un Titulo capo...perdon

<Lacking a Title...Sorry>
April 27, 2015

Hermana Mamani
Mbaé’chepa! (Bah-eh-sheh-pah)!!! Hola familia!!! There is some guarani for you!! This week had some great moments. One of which was getting to have a special mission devotional done by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. He was in the Resistencia Mission (shoutout to my primo, Steven Nish) and because our mission is so close we were privileged to be a part of it. I learned so much about dia de reposo <Sabbath Day>, revelation, and the importance of the santa cena <atonement>. We were promised as missionaries if we focused on helping people understand the santa cena and why we go to church, we would see miracles. 

I then had the awesome opportunity to give my second talk ever in the mission in Spanish about the santa cena! I was that speaker that took the whole rest of the time and didn't leave my companion time to speak. Say what??? In a foreign language....crazy. She was actually really happy she didn't have to speak and before you all think I spoke for an hour, the elders in our ward spoke first so I really only spoke for like 15-20 minutes. It was so awesome to speak and feel like I could finally communicate and speak what the Lord wanted me to. 

We also were able to meet with Cecilia who is a 17-year-old and she was super receptive and is super smart. She didn't come to church, but a pioneer of the church did come with us. He has been inactive for a LOT of years but we and the elders went to pick him up on Sunday and he CAME! That is a first in my mission and it was a great feeling. We also had an unexpected, awesome, spiritual experience when we were sharing the Gracias a El <Thanks to Him> and Gracias a que el Vive <Because He Lives> videos with an investigator who had a friend over. The spirit was so strong and she said that she felt something. She has our number and we are hoping to get a chance to teach her. 

Oh, and as for Cooking Kate, I made banana bread this week and the people were in awe...they liked it. Haha who doesn't? 

Honestly, this week was hard and I have felt at times that my prayers aren't being answered or that I am far away from my Father in Heaven and His influence but then I read Joseph Smith - History 1:29 and was struck. He prayed to know his standing before his Father in Heaven and to be forgiven have COMPLETE confidence that he would be answered, because he already had been before. I felt that what I had been lacking was faith in my Father in Heaven and a lack of confidence that I would indeed receive these answers I was searching for. Why wouldn't I? The Lord has been a huge part of my life and has helped to show me that a mission was important and needed in my life, that transferring to UVU was the best decision, etc. Truly, when we want to doubt, do as Dieter F. Uchtdorf says and "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." Look back on those experiences you have had and those answers you have received. We learn from the scriptures that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. If this is really true then he won't just quit answering us if we are worthy and in the right place to receive the answer. I also have such a testimony of keeping a scripture/spiritual journal to help you remember your experiences. 

Well, I love you all. That is all I have time for! Hope you have a great week and know that you are loved and the Lord is there and loves you more than you could ever know!!

Love you,

Hermana Albach

P.S. Oh, I got bit by a big, huge dog that looked like a teddy bear. Officially a Mormon Missionary now. All good. Promise. Testimony of garments. Just three puncture points and a HUGE bruise on my upper outer thigh...haha it was scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment